- What services do you offer?
I offer small-group tutoring sessions in all key areas of Primary School learning :- Maths, Reading, SPAG (spelling, punctuation and grammar) and Writing.
- Where and when does the learning take place?
Teaching takes place in your child’s own school. Session times available are 7:45-8:45am, 3:30-4:30pm and 4:30-5:30pm.
- Do you have DBS clearance?
Yes, I have Enhanced DBS which I renew each year.
- How will you know what my child needs?
My lessons will be individually tailored to the needs of your child after discussing their needs with you (the parents/carers) as well as discussing areas of extra support needed with your child’s teachers.
- How big will the groups be?
Groups will contain no more than 5 children at a time, this will allow me to easily meet the needs of every child, whilst giving the children the opportunity to share ideas and collaborate.
- How much do you charge for this service?
The cost is just £20 per child per hour (other tutors with similar experience charge between £30 - £40 per hour for 1-1, which usually takes place at an unfamiliar setting or within your own home).
- How will I know if the sessions are helping my child?
You will get a report at the end of each half-term, which will highlight progress made as well as suggestions for next steps. You should also see an improvement in your child’s confidence and skill level when attempting homework and classroom learning.
- Can I advise you if I notice an area of learning they are struggling with in-between sessions?
Absolutely! You are welcome to contact me between sessions and I can adapt the learning to help their area of need.
- What are the benefits to small-group learning compared to 1-1?
Children can often feel more pressure in 1-1 learning as all eyes are on their every move, they also may be reluctant to ask questions that they feel they should already have learned. However, social-interaction and collaboration boosts children’s confidence and understanding.
- Will my child get the support they need if they are working in a group of 5?
Yes, I am used to differentiating support in class sizes of 25-30 children so tailoring the needs of 5 individuals is straightforward for an experienced teacher and it will allow me to know when to support individually or give paired/whole group support.
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 07780 701 727